Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day One

Yesterday went from bad to worse
Toilet clogged and the squad was called
Talked to my brother, we played a game
Of touched you last with hurtful words

Am I hard to love or is it just
that I won't let you hit me hard?
Do I self destruct? Or is it just
Enough is enough
I'm sending out a dove to find new love, starting from day one
Day one

Seeing things more clearly now
The rain is gone, rainbow appears
On my own and steering clear of
People always speaking fears

Am I push and shove or is it just
that I won't let you push me down?
Do I suck at love? Or is it just
that I have learned the difference
I'm sending out a song to move along starting from day one
Day one

Where do I want to go from here?
Who do I want my kids to follow?
What if I have to part with
Friends and family I knew before?

Am I hard to like or is it just
that I want more in life?
Do I think I'm smart? Or is it just
that I've been playing stupid
Sending out the dove to find new love starting from day one
Day one

Doing my best to overcome
Looking out at a great big ocean
Finding a way to build back up
Starting from day one
All it takes is a mustard seed to move a mountain, move the mountain, move that mountain...
Starting from- day one
Starting from- day one
Starting from- day one
Day one

shawna ray, today is august 18, 2011
www.shawnaray.com

No comments:

Post a Comment