Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Shining a light on RACE

Interesting how the light spot went to the eye on the poster in this picture from my camera. Last Saturday, I shared my children's book at COSI for the opening of the exhibit RACE- Are We So Different? The information is powerful, geared mostly to older kids and adults.
It was a low key reading of "Take a Trip to Diverse City" with younger kids all around me in an area that COSI had added with puppets and books. I loved seeing all the beautiful children's faces and hearing touching stories in conversation with insightful parents. My vision is still to someday have a video camera with me to capture all of these stories and experiences around America and the world. The exhibit will be up at COSI until May 6th. Check it out!
It's been a journey. And each one of us has a footprint we leave behind. Open eyes allow light to shine through and guide our steps as we see things in perspective and continue to move forward.
Let's build a bridge and keep it open,
shawna ray

No comments:

Post a Comment