Saturday, November 10, 2012

Advocate

One of the many things I've learned through these surgeries and health challenges is that I have to be my own health advocate. This applies to many aspects of life where we sometimes just let life happen to us and rely on others to tell us what to think and what to do. Self actualization starts by loving and owning you. Know that you have the ability, wisdom and power within. Let that awareness guide you in then working and sharing with others and seeking the light on a daily basis. This is a lifelong process and each individual has their own journey. I don't know if this is a song, a poem or maybe just a new mantra. But I am living it out and hope to also encourage you to be your own...
ADVOCATE
By shawna ray 10/25/12

I will be my own mirror
I will be my own light
I will be my own healer
Flowing in the Divine

I will be my own lover
I will be my own friend
I'll be the show director
With a changing script

As I live by faith, walking in the way
That I know to go. Growing every day
This is one life. Make the most of it!
I will be my own health advocate.

I will be my own preacher
I will be ministry
I will be my own mentor
Joining fellow colleagues
I will be my own doctor
I will be my own nurse
I will be my own teacher
A collaborative process

As I live by faith, walking in the way
That I know to go. Growing every day
This is one life. Make the most of it!
I will be my own health advocate.

When my gifts need an assist
I'll partner with an advocate
As CEO, research and sow
As coach I will direct and know
To motivate and dodge the hate
Negotiate and delegate
Share life with friends and family
My heart's a home but I've installed security...

While I live by faith walking in the way
That I know to go growing every day
This is one life make the most of it
I will be my own health advocate
I will chart my own health benefits
I will laugh and lift my Spirit
I will be my own life advocate
--
Live, Give, Love, Laugh, Learn,
-by Shawna Ray
#health #advocate #shawna ray #mama shawna #own #grow #live #give #love #laugh #learn #1111 #soul #sunday
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®






No comments:

Post a Comment