Monday, March 19, 2012

Day One

DAY ONE
shawna ray

Yesterday went from bad to worse
The toilet clogged and the squad was called
Talked to my family, we played a game
Of touched you last with hurtful words

Am I hard to love or is it just
Enough is enough?
Do I self destruct? Or is it just
Some things need cooled off?
I'm sending out a dove to find new love
Starting from - day one
Day one

Seeing things more clearly now
The rain is gone, rainbow appears
On my own and steering clear of
People always speaking fears

Am I push and shove or is it just
that I'm not going down?
Do I suck at love? Or is it just
that I have learned the difference
I'm sending out a song to move along 
Starting from - day one
Day one

Where do I want to go from here?
What footprints do I leave and follow?
What if I have to part with
Friends and family I knew before?

Am I hard to like or is it just
that I want more in life?
Do I think I'm smart? Or is it just
that I've been playing stupid
Sending out the dove to find new love
Starting from - day one
Day one

Doing my best to overcome
Looking out at a great big ocean
Finding a way to build back up
All it takes is a mustard seed to move a mountain, move the mountain,
"Move that bus!"lol
Starting from - day one

Day one

No comments:

Post a Comment